Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Summer 2011

I can't believe summer break is already over. This week we are back to alarm clocks, homework, after school activities and over scheduled days with not enough hours in them. So long are the days of freedom, laying around by the pool and sleeping in. This summer was all about relaxing and spending time together. Mckay, Peyton and Hannah even had a week of "a secret place" until they showed us where it was and we told them it was off limits because it was too dangerous. What happened to the days when kids could be kids. When I was a kid we would hang out all day in our "secret place" and my Mom never had to worry. At least the kids had a week to have their own little adventure and be able to explore the world around them.




This was Logan's favorite place to play

Tay's car was "Posted"


Tay and Whit went on  the Trek and were surprisingly happy for getting up at 5am, isn't the sun rise beautiful.

They both had a blast and were in the same family.

This kid came home a different kid, what a blessing the gospel is.
Logan was always with is "Buds".

These kids always make me smile.


Logan's reaction to his new Cars blanket

Playing steam roller with Dad on the tramp



This is a reminder not to take life so serious. This is the after of what would have been the best picture "Peyton's hot tub". Peyton, Mckay and Hannah had been out every morning for two days digging, what I had no idea. Until I came home last Friday to Peyt, Hannah and a friend sitting in a hole full of muddy water with Mckay and another friend sitting on the sides. Unfortunatly I did what I always do and freaked out. Chad and I were going on a date and I needed friends to be gone and clean kids. Not to mention it was very close to the retaining wall we had put in that was not cheap. Later when Chad and I were coming home we were laughing about it and I was so sad I did not realize what a perfect thing I was seeing and captured it forever.

Whit on her first day with her braces off.

My sweet baby laughing like she always does.

No comments:

Post a Comment